The Unofficial Katharine Jefferts Schori Fan Page

Shalom! This is a blog that celebrates the first woman Presiding Bishop to serve in the Episcopal Church. Here you will find news stories, photos, links, references, quotes, video and stories from people who have met her. This is not an official site and not affliated with the Episcopal Church or the presiding bishop. This page also has feed from the Church's official news site.



Episcopal News Service

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sermon-4/26/2009

I met the risen one just a few days ago. I sat in a hotel restaurant alone, waiting for my dinner. Suddenly someone came up behind me to say hello – a leader in this church, with whom I have not recently had a very fruitful relationship. I invited this person to join me, and the invitation was accepted. We had a very good time – as we shared stories of sorrow and hope in our own families, old suspicions began to fade away, perceived slights were forgiven, and together we delighted in signs of new life in a number of places around this church. I know the risen one was in our midst – and the fish was very tasty.
Will you be a witness?


Full sermon here:
http://www.episcopalchurch.org/78703_107141_ENG_HTM.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment