The Unofficial Katharine Jefferts Schori Fan Page

Shalom! This is a blog that celebrates the first woman Presiding Bishop to serve in the Episcopal Church. Here you will find news stories, photos, links, references, quotes, video and stories from people who have met her. This is not an official site and not affliated with the Episcopal Church or the presiding bishop. This page also has feed from the Church's official news site.



Episcopal News Service

Monday, January 11, 2010

Someone sharing their encounter with KJS:

 I met Bishop Schori in December 08...it was a very profound and proud moment...she is such a soft-spoken yet strong presence in the Episcopal Church.....by the way...she had NO entourage when I met her, she was walking alone from her hotel to the convention center in Riverside, Ca...she stopped to speak to a lady in a wheelchair, ..I waited until she was finished, then I approached, asked if I might speak to her, she said "absolutely, I'd love to speak with you"...I had a private one on one conversation with her that lasted just minutes, but will forever live with me and I treasure our photo taken together. When I addressed her as "Bishop Schori", she said..."Katharine, please, just Katharine". What a woman,what an inspiration, what a gift!! Keep us strong and move us on, Katharine!! God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment